If you’re pondering a relocation, the most affordable places to live in Tennessee should be at the top of your agenda. Known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and stunning natural beauty – from the Appalachian Mountains to the Tennessee River – this state offers an excellent quality of life at an affordable cost.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore several cities and towns across The Volunteer State that stand out for their low housing costs and high livability scores, giving you a leg up on finding the most affordable places to live in Tennessee!
- Brownsville’s outdoor recreation opportunities to Union City’s cultural significance with proximity to Graceland…
- Paris’ pocket-friendly homeowner’s paradise status…
- LaFollette & McMinnville near Kentucky border offering economical choices…
- Rockwood & Millington providing value-for-money options…
- Chattanooga & Johnson City balancing low costs without compromising on quality…
- Clarksville , Murfreesboro , Lawrenceburg– small towns rich in history but not heavy on your pocketbook…
- Alcoa – a cheap yet accessible location close to The Great Smoky Mountains National Park…
- Collierville, known for community events galore!
We delve into each area’s unique offerings while keeping focus on affordability aspects like median home price, average apartment rents, monthly apartment rentals among others.
Let’s explore the cost-effective aspects of these Tennessee hotspots!
Table of Contents:
- Affordable Living in Brownsville, Tennessee
- Union City – The Second Cheapest Place in Tennessee
- Paris – A Pocket-Friendly Homeowner’s Paradise
- LaFollette and McMinnville – Affordable Choices Near the Kentucky Border & Central TN
- Rockwood & Millington – Affordable and Awesome.
- Chattanooga & Johnson City: Low Costs, High Quality
- Clarksville, Murfreesboro, Lawrenceburg: Small Towns Rich In History
- Alcoa – Cheap Yet Accessible Location
- Collierville Community Events Galore.
- FAQs in Relation to Most Affordable Places to Live in Tennessee
Affordable Living in Brownsville, Tennessee
If you’re looking for a place to live that won’t break the bank and has more outdoor fun than you can shake a stick at, check out Brownsville, Tennessee. It’s only 63 miles from Memphis, so you can have your cake and eat it too.
Outdoor Recreation Galore in Brownsville
Brownsville is like a playground for nature lovers. Go for a wander in Brownsville’s plentiful parks, where you can enjoy biking, hiking and having picnics. And don’t forget about the Hatchie National Wildlife Refuge, where you can bird watch and fish like a pro.
Close to the Big City Buzz
Residing in Brownsville offers the benefit of having both rural and urban life nearby. With its vibrant culture, Memphis is just a stone’s throw away from Brownsville, offering plenty of opportunities for entertainment.
Catch a show at the legendary Orpheum Theatre or hang out with the animals at the famous Memphis Zoo. The possibilities are endless.
Union City – The Second Cheapest Place in Tennessee
Looking for the most affordable places to live in Tennessee? Look no further than Union City, Tennessee. For a budget-friendly option, Union City is the second most economical place to reside in Tennessee.
But wait, there’s more.
Cost of Living Index in Union City
The cost of living index is a fancy way of saying that Union City is wallet-friendly. Your dollar goes a long way here, unlike those other fancy cities in Tennessee.
Cultural Significance of Graceland
Union City isn’t just about saving money, it’s also got some culture.
Check out Graceland, Elvis Presley’s crib. Folks from far and wide flock to Union City to experience the allure of Graceland, Elvis Presley’s abode.
If you’re seeking a luxurious lifestyle without breaking the bank, then Union City is your best bet.
Paris – A Pocket-Friendly Homeowner’s Paradise
Paris has a unique charm, budget-friendly housing options, and an unbeatable atmosphere.
Average Housing Prices in Paris
Living in Paris is surprisingly affordable, with the average home price coming in at around $174,000.
Don’t worry about having to spend a fortune; you can still achieve your aspirations of owning a home here.
Check out some current listings and see for yourself.
Quality Of Life In Paris
Living in Paris means enjoying a quality lifestyle without the big city price tag. The town offers a range of activities, including the Eiffel Tower Park which replicates France’s iconic structure.
It’s like a little slice of France right here in Tennessee. Learn more about life in Paris and see why it’s a pocket-friendly homeowner’s paradise.
LaFollette and McMinnville – Affordable Choices Near the Kentucky Border & Central TN
For those seeking a budget-friendly Tennessee lifestyle, LaFollette and McMinnville offer the perfect combination of affordability and quality. They offer cheap housing options without sacrificing the good life.
Property Rates and Amenities in LaFollette
Tucked near the Kentucky border, LaFollette is a small town with big perks. LaFollette’s affordable property rates and excellent amenities make it an ideal choice for budget-conscious families.
Plus, you can enjoy exciting activities like fishing at Norris Lake – adventure awaits.
Why Choose McMinnville for Your New Home?
Located right in the heart of Tennessee, McMinnville is a sweet spot of affordability and convenience. The average home prices here are way below the national median, making homeownership a reality.
McMinnville offers a plethora of recreational activities, with its parks and sports complexes providing the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to relocate.
Rockwood & Millington – Affordable and Awesome.
Looking for a Tennessee town that won’t break the bank but still has plenty to offer? Check out Rockwood and Millington… these two gems in East Tennessee are all about value-for-money.
Rockwood: Affordable Living with a View
Rockwood offers not only affordability, but also a picturesque backdrop for your everyday life. With its stunning scenery and outdoor activities like hiking and fishing, you’ll be living the good life without draining your bank account.
For a quick trip to Knoxville, Rockwood is the ideal destination with its scenic views and plethora of outdoor activities.
Millington: Small-Town Charm with Big-City Vibes
If you want the best of both worlds – small-town living with big-city perks – Millington is the place to be. Just outside Memphis, this town offers affordable housing options and a whole bunch of cultural attractions.
Museums and botanical gardens? Yes, please.
Chattanooga & Johnson City: Low Costs, High Quality
If you want bang for your buck without sacrificing the good stuff, look no further than Chattanooga and Johnson City in Tennessee. These cities offer some of the most affordable places to live in Tennessee, without skimping on the good life.
Chattanooga: Nature’s Playground
Chattanooga is a nature lover’s dream, surrounded by state parks like the Chickamauga Creek Greenway and Harrison Bay State Park. Get your outdoor fix with fishing, hiking, and bird-watching.
Don’t fret – there’s plenty more to this metropolis than just foliage and wildlife. You’ll find a vibrant food scene, shopping galore, and museums to keep you entertained.
Johnson City: Living Large on a Budget
In Johnson City, you can enjoy the best of both worlds – city living without breaking the bank!
With affordable housing and a plethora of cultural attractions like the Tipton-Haynes Historic Site and the Hands On Discovery Center, you’ll never be bored and find comfort in this town being one of the most affordable places to live in Tennessee!
Plus, top-notch healthcare facilities, including the Quillen College of Medicine, have got your back.
Clarksville, Murfreesboro, Lawrenceburg: Small Towns Rich In History
For the history enthusiast looking to save on living costs, Clarksville, Murfreesboro and Lawrenceburg are ideal Tennessee towns. These small but growing towns are bursting with history and offer some of the most budget-friendly residential options in the state.
Clarksville: Where History Meets Affordability
Clarksville is home to Fort Campbell, one of the largest Army bases in America. The town’s housing market offers attractive prices for potential homeowners, with median house prices significantly lower than the national average.
Murfreesboro: Growing and Going Strong
Murfreesboro has been named one of America’s best places to live by U.S. News & World Report! As one of the most affordable places to live in Tennessee, it boasts a strong job market and a low cost of living, making it the perfect choice for those seeking affordability without sacrificing quality of life.
Lawrenceburg: Small Town Charm with Big Opportunities
With a population of over 10,000, Lawrenceburg strikes the perfect balance between small-town charm and city conveniences. Its historic downtown district is filled with unique shops, and the reasonably priced homes make it an attractive destination for those looking to relocate.
Alcoa – Cheap Yet Accessible Location
For those seeking a cost-effective residence in Tennessee, Alcoa is an ideal option due to its affordability and convenient location. It’s cheap and conveniently located.
Convenience Factors Contributing To Alcoa’s Popularity Among Potential Buyers
This town is home to the McGhee Tyson Airport and Millennium Manor Castle.
It’s not just about affordability; living here means having easy access to some great local attractions too. The airport makes travel a breeze while the castle provides a unique slice of history right at your doorstep.
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park Advantage
Beyond these perks, Alcoa also boasts proximity to America’s most visited park – Great Smoky Mountains National Park. This national treasure offers endless outdoor adventures from hiking and fishing to wildlife viewing and camping.
For those who love nature or simply enjoy stunning views, this alone could make Alcoa their dream destination.
All these factors combined make Alcoa not just an economical choice but also an exciting one for individuals and families alike seeking new homes in Tennessee.
Collierville Community Events Galore.
If you’re into community events, Collierville is the place to be. They throw a mean Fireworks Extravaganza that’ll blow your socks off.
Special Annual Occasions Hosted By Collierville
But wait, there’s more. Collierville also knows how to keep it fresh with a seasonal Farmer’s Market.
Get your hands on some farm-fresh produce and handmade crafts that’ll make your taste buds and wallet happy.
Benefits Of Residing Within Close-Knit Communities Like That Found Here
Living in close-knit communities like Collierville is like having your own personal cheer squad. The feeling of being a part of something and having assurance is so strong in Collierville that you’ll feel like an acclaimed person daily.
FAQs in Relation to Most Affordable Places to Live in Tennessee
- Is Tennessee an affordable state to live in?
- Absolutely, Tennessee is known for its low cost of living.
- Is Tennessee a good place to live financially?
- You bet. With no personal income tax and a lower-than-average cost of living, many find Tennessee’s financial climate appealing.
- Why is it so cheap to live in Tennessee?
- Tennessee’s affordability can be attributed to low property taxes, reasonable utility costs, and inexpensive housing options available throughout the state.
- How much do you need to live comfortably in Tennessee?
- The average annual salary needed for a comfortable lifestyle ranges from $50k-$60k depending on your lifestyle choices and location within the state.
There is a fantastic variety available when considering the most affordable places to live in Tennessee in order to relocate from elsewhere in the US.
- Brownsville has outdoor recreation opportunities and is close to major cities.
- Union City has a low cost of living index and the cultural significance of Graceland.
- Paris is a pocket-friendly homeowner’s paradise with average housing prices and a high quality of life.
- LaFollette and McMinnville offer economical choices near the Kentucky border and central Tennessee.
- Rockwood and Millington provide value-for-money options with lifestyle advantages.
- Chattanooga and Johnson City allow residents to enjoy low costs without compromising on quality.
- Clarksville, Murfreesboro, and Lawrenceburg are small towns rich in history.
- Alcoa is a cheap yet accessible location near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Collierville offers community events galore within close-knit communities.
If you’re searching for the most affordable places to live in Tennessee, these cities should be at the top of your list!